Hey there – Michael here. I decided to share a bit of fun technological trivia to break up all the technology talk lately.
Did you know?
- The 30th of November is known as “Computer Security Day”.
- Email has been around longer than the World Wide Web.
- HP, Google, Microsoft and apple have just one thing in common, other than the fact that they are IT companies. They were all started in garages.
- Bill Gates’ house was designed using a Mac computer.
- There are approximately 6000 new viruses released every month.
- The original name of Windows was Interface Manager
- 51% of internet traffic is “non-human”. 31% is made up from hacking programs, spammers and malicious phishing.
- The first computer was almost 8.5 feet high weighted over 66,000 lbs.
- The name Google was created accidentally. A spelling error was made by the original founders who were under the impression they were going for Googol.
- The average computer user blinks 7 times a minute, less than half the normal rate of 20.
Until next time, have an awesome week.
-Michael @ Neuteks